radioBS.net
Chronicling the ongoing battle between conservative and liberal ideals

For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them - Proverbs 1:32



E-mail Me |About Me |Home Page |Comment Rules |Ref Desk

Daily Notes :I Moved to MT.

In fact this page will automatically send you to my new page in 4 minutes. Or go there now...Radio Brian Scott


8/17/2004


Browser woes

I just updated my Netscape browser to 7.2 and downloaded the latest Mozzilla (same animal really). I expected my page to come up normally, but instead it comes in all jacked up. Grrr. With 7-10% of my readers viewing my page with something other than IE, I’m not sure what I will do now. My page appears fine in the earlier versions of Netscape and Mozzilla however. If any of you have any suggestions as to how I can correct the problems let me know. Otherwise ditch the crap browsers and use IE only.

If you’re an elitist HTML code writer, and you think you’re the bomb at coding, don’t bother sending me your e-mails or comments about how I didn’t comply with industry coding standards. I just started learning this shiznit and I can’t be expected to know how to make all my code compliant. Don’t give me “Try using a validator.” In my opinion validators don’t work unless they tell me how to fix the problem. The free ones don't

*If you can’t read this message, it’s because you’re using a crappy web browser like Netscape and Mozilla. IE is free people. Use it. Most everyone else does.

Update: 8:00 pm
Okay... I just got home and tried Netscape 7.1 and everything is still screwed up. What the dilly changed between yesterday and today!?

Update: 8:13 pm
Grrr. It appears as though the Blogger search bar is required. It must be a script that looks for the "body" of the HTML code and then places it in front of that code. I was trying to go without the search bar but in doing so, it created a crappy blown apart page in Mozilla and Netscape. All is working fine now. Back to blogging.

posted by: Brian Scott


Get the code for this blogroll.  visit The Blue S tate Conservatives