radioBS.net
Chronicling the ongoing battle between conservative and liberal ideals

For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them - Proverbs 1:32



E-mail Me |About Me |Home Page |Comment Rules |Ref Desk

Daily Notes :I Moved to MT.

In fact this page will automatically send you to my new page in 4 minutes. Or go there now...Radio Brian Scott


7/29/2004


Introspection

If you’ve read my blog from the beginning you would probably know that I have a love for radio. I like it so much I decided to give it a try myself. I even bought the necessary equipment to do so. I’ve practiced, mixed, and recorded some of what I want to say, to see if I could fill air time. I can. That’s not a problem. My problem is what I’ve allowed my blog to become something I shouldn’t have. I coveted an audience of readers more than I did gaining knowledge. I was rejecting the one thing that would help me become a good broadcaster.

One might say that the material I blog is necessary to have in that bank of knowledge. I would agree. It is. However, instead of posting just that one article, I would use it to prove a larger point with other evidence, which I believe would make a more solid point than just listing one news article that happened during that day. And it also doesn’t help that there a million other blogs that do the same thing as I have been doing in the past.

So what am I saying? I’m saying I have to slow down and start reading more, gather more information, start piecing things together, and write articles that can add to your knowledge as well as entertain you. I know that means fewer postings but it will also mean higher quality work.

I want to write about, abortion, gay rights, teachers unions, zero tolerance, partisan politics, home life, morality, personal experiences, God and so much more at length, without the feeling of me being rushed to have something out every day.

I know this means that I will probably drop to zero hits per day, but taking the time to research and write about a subject intelligently, coupled with my desire to do radio, I feel is the right combination to being successful on the air.

So what if you like the way I post now? I would say tuff luck, but you need not worry. I also write for the Common Sense Chronicles and will most likely continue posting there in the same manner as I have been posting on my own blog. Maybe I’ll even kick it up a notch and begin posting there 2 or 3 times a week instead of just the once a week that I have been doing. We shall see.

Feel free to comment. Let me know what your thinking. I'd love to hear your opinions on this matter.

posted by: Brian Scott


Get the code for this blogroll.  visit The Blue S tate Conservatives