radioBS.net
Chronicling the ongoing battle between conservative and liberal ideals

For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them - Proverbs 1:32



E-mail Me |About Me |Home Page |Comment Rules |Ref Desk

Daily Notes :I Moved to MT.

In fact this page will automatically send you to my new page in 4 minutes. Or go there now...Radio Brian Scott


4/19/2004


The talkRADIOforecast for today

I know this is late. Sorry. I was up till 1:00 doing my second job. This site is my 3rd. I wish it was my 1st.

Please read the second posting on this page titled “Another Freakin Change?!” It attempts to explain why I changed the site appearance once again.

1. Kerry’s been having conniptions about Bush’s ads bringing his defense record into question. Hopefully sometime today or tomorrow I will have a full write up on this. But until then read all about his hissy fit.

2. Rice Refutes New Book on Date That Bush Decided to Go to War. Was Collin Powell left in the dark? Was there a plan to go to war at a much earlier date? * yawn * When will we know the truth!? * getting sleepy * When…. Will ……..zzzzzzzzzz

I know this is important to a lot of you. And I know that Bob Woodward is a really good journalist. But I can’t help but shake the feeling that this is all part of the blame game at this point.

Blaming only makes us loose sight of the over arching reality that we are in WWIII against terrorism. The rest of the world just hasn’t caught up yet with America.

Victor Davis Hanson writes “Our Present Chaos - Inconsistency is the order of the day”
VDH says it so well, and very diplomatically I might add that America’s bickering on the war on terror is a type of support structure for their cause.

    Are we crazy? I think in fact we almost are. But the tragedy is that if we are paradoxical, self-incriminatory, and at each other's throats, our enemies most surely are not. They know precisely what they want from us — an Islamic world of the 8th century, parasitic on the resources and technology of the 21st, by which all the better to destroy a supposedly soft and bickering West. And if the present chaos here at home continues, they are apparently on the right track.

3. Hope for Iraq – Reasons to be cheerful by Andrew Sullivan

4. Spanish Leader Pulls Troops From Iraq

I hope Zapatero doesn’t feel safer now that he’s out of Iraq. For the safety of his people he better understand that he’s still a giant target. We shall see.

5. Imminent Threat? Report Suggests Terror Operatives ‘In Place,’ Possibly in America

- U.S. bracing for terror before election

You can thank Spain for emboldening the terrorist to believe that they can affect political change in any country.

6. Foiled al-Qaida Attackers Caught Red-Handed With WMDs

I wonder if we will hear about this in the mainstream press. I have my doubts.

7. 9-11 hearings are 'sad,' ex-Clinton aide says At Lehigh, Tony Lake says partisan jousting delays fixing problems.

    ''We are at war with terrorism,'' he said. ''I can't think of any war in history that we stopped after a battle and had hearings. … We ought to get on with it.''

I couldn’t agree more.

8. Kerry Backs Off Statements on Vietnam War

(Videotape, MEET THE PRESS, April 18, 1971):

    MR. KERRY (Vietnam Veterans Against the War): There are all kinds of atrocities and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free-fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50-caliber machine guns which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search-and-destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare. All of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free-fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.
    (End videotape)

    MR. RUSSERT: You committed atrocities.

    SEN. KERRY: Where did all that dark hair go, Tim?

STOP! Lets just pause here to recap and paraphrase.

Russert: “So, you’re a mass murdering war criminal by your own admission.”

Kerry: “I still look great.”


He immediately recognized the inappropriateness of that “joke” and gets back into character.

    ”That's a big question for me. You know, I thought a lot, for a long time, about that period of time, the things we said, and I think the word is a bad word. I think it's an inappropriate word. I mean, if you wanted to ask me have you ever made mistakes in your life, sure. I think some of the language that I used was a language that reflected an anger. It was honest, but it was in anger, it was a little bit excessive.”

It’s at this point I wish I had my radio show up and running so I could dissect this part of the speech for you. It’s utterly amazing. He, in my estimation tried to sugar coat his words, but in no way did he back off. You need to read the rest of the transcript, but since your won’t I’ll leave you with Kerry’s own words.

    MR. RUSSERT: But, Senator, when you testified before the Senate, you talked about some of the hearings you had observed at the winter soldiers meeting and you said that people had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and on and on. A lot of those stories have been discredited, and in hindsight was your testimony...

    SEN. KERRY: Actually, a lot of them have been documented.

    MR. RUSSERT: So you stand by that?

    SEN. KERRY: A lot of those stories have been documented. Have some been discredited? Sure, they have, Tim.

Let's clarify. He fabricated stories to further HIS cause during the Vietnam war. I believe he (and his party) continues to do so with the war on terror today.

Now read the entire transcript.

BS

posted by: Brian Scott


Get the code for this blogroll.  visit The Blue S tate Conservatives