|For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them - Proverbs 1:32|
E-mail Me |About Me |Home Page |Comment Rules |Ref Desk
Daily Notes :I Moved to MT.
In fact this page will automatically send you to my new page in 4 minutes. Or go there now...Radio Brian Scott
Please read the second posting on this page titled “Another Freakin Change?!” It attempts to explain why I changed the site appearance once again.
1. Kerry’s been having conniptions about Bush’s ads bringing his defense record into question. Hopefully sometime today or tomorrow I will have a full write up on this. But until then read all about his hissy fit.
2. Rice Refutes New Book on Date That Bush Decided to Go to War. Was Collin Powell left in the dark? Was there a plan to go to war at a much earlier date? * yawn * When will we know the truth!? * getting sleepy * When…. Will ……..zzzzzzzzzz
I know this is important to a lot of you. And I know that Bob Woodward is a really good journalist. But I can’t help but shake the feeling that this is all part of the blame game at this point.
Blaming only makes us loose sight of the over arching reality that we are in WWIII against terrorism. The rest of the world just hasn’t caught up yet with America.
Victor Davis Hanson writes “Our Present Chaos - Inconsistency is the order of the day”
VDH says it so well, and very diplomatically I might add that America’s bickering on the war on terror is a type of support structure for their cause.
3. Hope for Iraq – Reasons to be cheerful by Andrew Sullivan
4. Spanish Leader Pulls Troops From Iraq
I hope Zapatero doesn’t feel safer now that he’s out of Iraq. For the safety of his people he better understand that he’s still a giant target. We shall see.
5. Imminent Threat? Report Suggests Terror Operatives ‘In Place,’ Possibly in America
- U.S. bracing for terror before election
You can thank Spain for emboldening the terrorist to believe that they can affect political change in any country.
6. Foiled al-Qaida Attackers Caught Red-Handed With WMDs
I wonder if we will hear about this in the mainstream press. I have my doubts.
7. 9-11 hearings are 'sad,' ex-Clinton aide says At Lehigh, Tony Lake says partisan jousting delays fixing problems.
I couldn’t agree more.
8. Kerry Backs Off Statements on Vietnam War
(Videotape, MEET THE PRESS, April 18, 1971):
MR. RUSSERT: You committed atrocities.
SEN. KERRY: Where did all that dark hair go, Tim?
STOP! Lets just pause here to recap and paraphrase.
Russert: “So, you’re a mass murdering war criminal by your own admission.”
Kerry: “I still look great.”
He immediately recognized the inappropriateness of that “joke” and gets back into character.
It’s at this point I wish I had my radio show up and running so I could dissect this part of the speech for you. It’s utterly amazing. He, in my estimation tried to sugar coat his words, but in no way did he back off. You need to read the rest of the transcript, but since your won’t I’ll leave you with Kerry’s own words.
SEN. KERRY: Actually, a lot of them have been documented.
MR. RUSSERT: So you stand by that?
SEN. KERRY: A lot of those stories have been documented. Have some been discredited? Sure, they have, Tim.
Let's clarify. He fabricated stories to further HIS cause during the Vietnam war. I believe he (and his party) continues to do so with the war on terror today.
Now read the entire transcript.
posted by: Brian Scott