radioBS.net
Chronicling the ongoing battle between conservative and liberal ideals

For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them - Proverbs 1:32



E-mail Me |About Me |Home Page |Comment Rules |Ref Desk

Daily Notes :I Moved to MT.

In fact this page will automatically send you to my new page in 4 minutes. Or go there now...Radio Brian Scott


4/30/2004


Concern over Nancy's Concern

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi recently had this to say about the Popes efforts to sanction pro-death Representatives from partaking communion:

    "I fully intend to receive Communion, one way or another. That's very important to me," Says Pelosi


Really?! Forget what the Pope says about abortion. Forget what’s right and wrong. Forget moral clarity. Forget what you say. Forget was God says. I'm going to take it anyway. My only question is why? In what way does taking communion edify you when you clearly don't respect the Vatican or Biblical principles?

    She goes on to say that "I believe that my position on choice is one that is consistent with my Catholic upbringing, which said that every person has a free will and has the responsibility to live their lives in a way that they would have to account for in the end."


Well, as long as she understands that she will be held accountable for her actions. She knows both sides of the issue; she's made a clear choice. Interesting to note that she feels she is the one being consistent with the Catholic Church and not the head of the Holy Catholic Church - THE POPE!!! I gotta tell ya, if I was a Catholic and the Pope told me that my opinion didn’t jive with scripture, I might be more inclined to take his word for it over my own. After all, he is the freakin Pope.

    "I'm certainly concerned when the church comes together and says it's going to sanction people in public office for speaking their conscience and what they believe," she said.


And I get VERY "concerned" when Senators find "concern" in areas such as this. "Concern" only means they wish to make a change on the Federal level that would inhibit your right or the churches right to make such sanctions. Can you imagine a society in which your religion or faith would be regulated by what it can say or what sacraments can be given? Isn't that why we fought for America in the first place? Get over your concern Nancy and move on to something else.

Man, liberals give me the creeps!

BS

posted by: Brian Scott


Get the code for this blogroll.  visit The Blue S tate Conservatives