radioBS.net
Chronicling the ongoing battle between conservative and liberal ideals

For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them - Proverbs 1:32



E-mail Me |About Me |Home Page |Comment Rules |Ref Desk

Daily Notes :I Moved to MT.

In fact this page will automatically send you to my new page in 4 minutes. Or go there now...Radio Brian Scott


2/12/2004


Gay Marriage

It looks like California has a big problem on there hands. Check that, America has the problem and it will only get worse. I’ve heard the gay/lesbian argument, If you love someone and want to be with him/her the rest of your life, by what right do you have to stand in the way of them being married, especially if this is a genuine commitment between two loving people? This feeling is so pervasive that San Francisco officials have moved into civil disobedience and started handing out marriage license to homosexual couples. Read the article from My Way News

So, using the same logic of love and commitment, if I’m married to my wife, and I want to marry my girlfriend (Don’t worry hun, I don’t have one) and my dog, (Don’t have one of these either) by what right do you have to stop us from doing so, especially if we are committed to making it last?

I know this sounds arcane but the argument is solid. I guess you could make the argument that polygamy, bestiality, incest, and pedophilia are against the law, and you would be right. But why is it against the law to marry into those types of unions? If love and desire for commitment is the argument and the only value by which we make that decision, then there should be no laws prohibiting me from doing so.

Just so you don’t think I’m crazy, pedophiles have been trying very hard to change the publics perspective on their lifestyle by changing terminology and using neutral and noninvasive wording. All in an attempt to eventually allow them to do something that they “love” to do within the bounds of legality. You see pedophiles believe we are encroaching on their basic freedoms as well. Read this article from Citizen Link to see how.

In researching this article I ran into a personal webpage claiming that in order to destroy this line of reasoning, the only thing you would have to do is ask why we (people with conservative marriage values) don’t get angry and fight against murders, pedophiles, and rapists getting married. They claim the only motive for this line of reasoning is that its 100% anti gay and has nothing to do with the institute of marriage.

This argument doesn’t hold water because we would never make the mistake of lumping anyone in the gay community as being on par as a rapist, murderer or a pedophile. The argument is about the sanctity of marriage and not about gay and lesbians lifestyle choice.

I’ve only touched on one of the arguments. I know that there are many more to be made, so I listed resources on both sides of the debate for your perusal. It’s getting late. I want to go to bed.

Resources:
Glad – Marriage Myths
Family Research Counsel – Q&A: What's Wrong With Letting Same-Sex Couples "Marry?"

Please note before commenting:
I understand that a lot of the issues I write about provoke strong feelings, so I’ve placed the “comment” field on the page for those who wish to discuss the issue sanely and with civility. I have made my e-mail address available as well if you wish to send hate/love mail. But please refrain from any cursing or “flaring” in the comment fields. Any comments that use bad language will be removed. Repeat offenders will be banned from posting. Thank you.

Or instead of commenting try taking the easy way out and vote - But only after you read both sides of the argument.

posted by: Brian Scott


Get the code for this blogroll.  visit The Blue S tate Conservatives